One of the most common mistakes made in the daily facial routine is the wrong consistency of applying products. Whether it is a simple-few-steps routine or a full routine, the order in which you apply the products matters. Each product takes a different amount of time to penetrate the skin and start to work.
In this article, we will guide you on the most optimal order for applying various cosmetic products. We will highlight both the morning routine and the evening one to clarify as many subtleties as possible. This ensures that you will always get the most out of your beauty routine.
1. Many people think that the face cannot get dirty while sleeping. In fact, sebum secretion and pore-clogging is a process that is not affected by the time of the day. Therefore, the first step is a good cleansing of the face. Use a gel cleanser suitable for your skin type to prepare and cleanse your face for the next steps.
2. After the gel, use a toner by applying it with a cotton pad. The toner cleans the pores and is an essential step that makes the absorption of other products easier and more efficient.
3. Step three is the serum. Include serum in your morning routine because it is easily absorbed by the skin, contains many vitamins, and has a hydrating effect. Thanks to this, the skin looks healthier and more radiant.
4. Eyes are the window to the soul, so they, and the area around them, should always look good. Use caffeine-containing eye creams daily. This cosmetic ingredient reduces dark circles and puffiness under the eyes.
5. Regardless of whether your skin is dry, oily, or another type, you should always use a moisturizing cream at least twice a day. This is a key part of the routine. The cream not only hydrates the skin and gives it a radiant look, but also acts as a shield for the products you applied earlier.
6. Last but not least – sunscreen. The sun’s rays are merciless to our
skin if an SPF is not used. What all the above products have in common is that they interact with the skin, but with sunscreen, things are different. It serves to protect against external factors and harmful UV rays. Therefore, it is always applied at the end of your daily routine.
After these steps, you are ready for the last beauty procedure – makeup.
1. The first and most important step is to remove any kind of makeup from the face with micellar water and then clean it with a cleansing gel. As already mentioned, even if you don’t wear makeup, your facial pores get dirty due to various external reasons like tobacco smoke, sweat, etc. and micellar water alone is not enough to completely cleanse the skin.
2. Toner – this is the last step of removing impurities from your skin. Applying a toner not only cleans the pores deeply but also makes the skin radiant and firm.
3. Next step is the serum. We recommend using one with hyaluronic acid
to help hydrate your skin while you sleep. Rubbing a few drops into the face is quite enough.
4. The finale – hydrating night cream. Our body mainly works on epidermal cell regeneration during the late hours of the day. After all the listed products, it is essential to finish with a good moisturizing night cream. It will not only help the rapid absorption of the items applied before but will also facilitate the skin’s recovery process.
Following a proper morning and evening routine is important, regardless of age. Using the right cosmetic products combined with the right consistency for their application would guarantee glowing and soft acne-free skin.
Imperium Est offers natural cosmetic products that are made in Italy. They are suitable for all skin types and are divided into four series – Be Bright, Reborn, Reborn Men, and Body Bliss. Thanks to their formula rich in oils and vitamins, Imperium Est products will become your faithful companion on the way to silky smooth and visibly healthier skin.