Hydration – this word is so simple, but at the same time it is extremely important for us and our body and face. Proper hydration is key to good-looking and healthy skin. Regardless of type or age, it will always need to be hydrated and nourished. This task can be quite confusing and difficult. In this article, we will introduce the importance of hydration, along with how often and how to properly nourish our skin.
Why is it important to hydrate the skin?
The lack of hydration and nourishment of the skin leads to irritation, dryness, peeling, and the appearance of fine lines. Also, apart from these visible marks, dehydration causes a loss of elasticity. Proper hydration helps the skin perform its physiological tasks more easily, and in addition, nourished skin is healthier, smoother, and with a natural glow that cannot go unnoticed. Neglecting it can lead to disruption of the skin’s natural barrier, which serves as a shield against the daily bad factors to which our body is subjected. This in itself causes the appearance of acne and other skin problems.
The skin can be dehydrated for a number of reasons: not drinking enough
water, eating too much salty food, neglecting the daily routine such as cleansing the face and applying cream, consuming too much caffeine and alcohol, frequently exfoliating the skin, or using highly aggressive cosmetic products.
How to properly hydrate the skin and keep it hydrated?
1. The first way to proper hydration is to consume enough water. Water is one of the most important ingredients for the proper functioning of the human body. It is recommended to drink 6 to 8 glasses of water per day.
2. Regular use of a hydrating product. It is especially important to apply body lotion or cream immediately after showering. In this way, the applied product helps to “lock” and preserve the shower-hydrated water in the body. Also, the use of face creams in the morning and at night are key to good-looking and healthy skin.
3. The water with which we wash our body and face is also a factor that affects the hydration of our skin. Water that is too hot, in addition to dehydrating us, also damages the skin’s outer layer. Cool to slightly warm water is the ideal temperature that won’t hurt the skin.
4. Using a hydrating mask once a week maintains the levels of water molecules in the face. This way it looks radiant and healthy.
5. Direct sunlight is one of the biggest causes of dehydrated and irritated skin. The use of sunscreen protects the face from the merciless properties of the sun not only in summer but also in all seasons.
How often should we hydrate the skin?
There is no set number for using hydrating products daily. The loss of water molecules is different for each person. The skin should be hydrated when it needs this hydration, but you don’t have to wait until it becomes dry, cracked, and “thirsty for water”.
Optimum hydration of the body is at least once a day by applying a cream or lotion immediately after showering. The best time and method is to apply the lotion within the first few minutes after a shower, as the body is previously patted dry, without pressure and rubbing the skin, and then the product is applied so that it can retain moisture.
It is good for the face to be nourished with hydrating products in the
morning and evening after a good wash. But when the skin feels tight, it’s good to hydrate immediately to avoid cracking or peeling.
Regardless of age or skin type, it always needs care and hydration. Small changes in daily life can have big effects on our bodies and our skin. As mentioned above, emphasizing a healthier lifestyle, away from harmful foods, and consistency in the day and night routine is the key point on the way to healthy and glowing skin. The use of good products that provide full and long-lasting facial hydration is also important.
Imperium Est’s day and night moisturizing creams from the Be Bright series are suitable for all skin types and leave the skin of the face nourished and radiant. The formula rich in oils and vitamins has a soothing effect on irritations. While the day cream protects the skin from external factors such as pollution and harmful sun rays, forming a thin protective layer, the night cream nourishes the skin and helps regenerate new cells, actively fighting against the appearance of fine lines. Don’t neglect your skin and provide it with what it needs to be healthy and radiant.